Canadians check in here....

Welcome! It's great to hear from fellow Canadians! I am up North in the Yukon with my first flock.

Nice! That must be a challenge in the winter! Technically Nova Scotia is the second warmest part of the country in the winter, but then again when I visit the south coast of BC where I grew up it doesn’t even feel like they get a real winter! One day I’d love to visit up north.

Nice! That must be a challenge in the winter! Technically Nova Scotia is the second warmest part of the country in the winter, but then again when I visit the south coast of BC where I grew up it doesn’t even feel like they get a real winter! One day I’d love to visit up north.
Yes, it's been down to -20C already. I must say that I don't spend quite as much time hanging out with the chickens at those temperatures!
I have only been to Nova Scotia in the summer, but I thought it was lovely.

Yes, it's been down to -20C already. I must say that I don't spend quite as much time hanging out with the chickens at those temperatures!
I have only been to Nova Scotia in the summer, but I thought it was lovely.

Wow! That’s super cold already! We see -20 once and a while here during the winter, but not until after the new year normally. My favourite season in N.S. is the fall, but the summer is wonderful too. I’d love to see the northern lights in northern Canada - I’ve seem glimpses down here, but never anything super amazing 💕

2nd warmest winters??? um.... no.
Hi btw! I went to St.F.X., and absolutely loved NS while I was there.

2nd warmest winters??? um.... no.
Hi btw! I went to St.F.X., and absolutely loved NS while I was there.

Hi! 😊 Nova Scotia is a wonderful part of the country! I love the snowy winter months, though it stays brown for a few too many months of the year overall.

The eastern and southern shore area of NS is the second warmest area of Canada in the winter after coastal BC! Temperature-wise, although it has that bone-chilling dampness that sometimes makes it feel colder. It’s super hard to believe, but everything sandwiched between (and to the North) gets colder 🥶

Haha! We've been having some chilly nights, but it is usually quite a bit warmer during the day. There's a winter storm warning active for our area now with lots of snow expected. I wonder what my pullets will think about that?!
We've had snow on the ground for over a week now. Tuesday it's supposed to go up to 11 so it will hopefully all disappear.

Hi! 😊 Nova Scotia is a wonderful part of the country! I love the snowy winter months, though it stays brown for a few too many months of the year overall.

The eastern and southern shore area of NS is the second warmest area of Canada in the winter after coastal BC! Temperature-wise, although it has that bone-chilling dampness that sometimes makes it feel colder. It’s super hard to believe, but everything sandwiched between (and to the North) gets colder 🥶
I totally agree with the bone chilling dampness!

Back
Top Bottom