Canadians check in here....

Good Morning!
I reside in Ontario. We currently have 3 ducks, 6 layers, 20 pullets, 8 chicks and 1 confirmed rooster. I'm currently feeding my mixed flock Gold'n Grower but it seems to only be available in Crum where I live and I'm hating the waste. It's not as bad as when I was feeding mash but I still find that my Faverolles' who aren't great forages just spill so much.
I am still wanting a grower with atleast 18% protein... am I out of luck? Wish we really did have better options for an all flock food.
Good morning! Whereabouts in Ontario? I'm just north-west of Perth (or north of Sharbot Lake, take your pick, lol!).

In this area, the only feed I can find is Shur-Gain, and yes, they have 18%. It's what I use year round for mine.

Good morning! Whereabouts in Ontario? I'm just north-west of Perth (or north of Sharbot Lake, take your pick, lol!).

In this area, the only feed I can find is Shur-Gain, and yes, they have 18%. It's what I use year round for mine.
I'm just east of Toronto in Bowmanville. I've never seen that feed available here. Seems to be on pellet grower I can see is Rolling Acres and it's only 16%

I'm just east of Toronto in Bowmanville. I've never seen that feed available here. Seems to be on pellet grower I can see is Rolling Acres and it's only 16%
Hmmm, doesn't seem to be much in your area that I can see. Their chick starter has higher protein. It's hard to find info on their products, which really annoys me...

I need to drive a minimum of 45 minutes to my supplier, so am quite restricted in what I can get.

I realize you've probably tried, but it is likely the company that makes crushed also sells pellets (they make crushed literally by crushing the pellets). That means the same distributor who beings the crushed can bring the pellets.

Have you tried asking (or nagging) the manager or if you can get to the owner, to have them order what you prefer?

I asked for several years, kept getting turned down, and recently/ finally the store had so much wasted product they had to trash because they were ordering the wrong thing, now they take special orders. (Why they argued with me for all these years is hard to explain or understand)

All that to say nagging might be your best option

WAY above seasonal! We have been seeing daytime highs around 12°C and night lows mostly just above freezing. Very little precipitation this fall. Could not ask for better fall weather this far north! It means I have a chance at actually getting all my end of season chores done before the snow flies. 😁😁😁

WAY above seasonal! We have been seeing daytime highs around 12°C and night lows mostly just above freezing. Very little precipitation this fall. Could not ask for better fall weather this far north! It means I have a chance at actually getting all my end of season chores done before the snow flies. 😁😁😁
So it's YOU that stole all the warmth from the south! LOL!!!

It's been ridiculously cold here, for Eastern Ontario. :(

So it's YOU that stole all the warmth from the south! LOL!!!

It's been ridiculously cold here, for Eastern Ontario. :(
I was born and raised in London, ON so am accustomed to hot and humid summers. Here when it is "hot" the locals are all in shorts and I am still wearing a sweater and 2 pairs of pants. Despite having been here for 6 years I just can't get used to the cold. On the up side the mosquitoes can't bite me. 😊

Sorry to have stolen your warm weather. Think of it as borrowing without permission. I promise to give it back eventually! 🤞

Back
Top Bottom