Canadians check in here....

Hello my fellow Canucks! Like @Lexicon I too am a proud Yukoner with a happy flock of chickens! 😊🐓
Looks like it's been a few days since I've checked in! A warm belated welcome from another Ontarian!

I don't know, it seems fairly seasonal smack dab in the middle of the province.. You know, damp, chilly, grey. All seems about right.

But on a side note, Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I know I'm thankful! Made it back from dinner late to all my flock wearing all their heads and in good order!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Maybe I was spoiled last year and we had a mild Autumn and am comparing it to that. Still seems too cold for me, lol! Then again, I prefer it hot.

Maybe I'll get the flock a treat from Tim Hortons today, like some Timbits or something. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

Maybe I was spoiled last year and we had a mild Autumn and am comparing it to that. Still seems too cold for me, lol! Then again, I prefer it hot.

Maybe I'll get the flock a treat from Tim Hortons today, like some Timbits or something. :D
Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 20 degrees! I'll take it

HOW do all those lady bugs get inside?!?
They squeeze in around window/door frames. Great reason to draft proof your house.

By the way, they are attracted to pale colours, so if you can change the colour of your window trim that might make it better.

Also ... This is a heavy infestation year, they are cyclical, so patience will also pay off.

Lastly, when all else fails, tie a stocking over your vacuum and suck them up. Then you tie off the stocking to do whatever your ethical heart decides is appropriate: drowning or squishing or releasing into your neighbor's shed.

Back
Top Bottom