Canadians check in here....

QC Canada, Laurentian area, near Ste Adèle

I have some Khaki Campbell ducks to rehome. Born
IMG_20220719_123944_003~2.jpg
March 3 2023. I am in the Laurentian area (near Ste Adèle), prefer a home with experienced duck keeper, and natural water. I can send just one if you need to find a partner to a lone duck, but not one to be alone.

QC Canada, Laurentian area, near Ste Adèle

I have some Khaki Campbell ducks to rehome. Born View attachment 3533906March 3 2023. I am in the Laurentian area (near Ste Adèle), prefer a home with experienced duck keeper, and natural water. I can send just one if you need to find a partner to a lone duck, but not one to be alone.
Wish I could help, but I'm full up right now. And a bit far away.

How's the smoke in your area, Michelle?

How about everyone else?

My sky is orange, has been for days... It is very sci-fi looking to have a sky and sun that color.
Considering the Millennial Lake fire is less than 30 km away, I've barely gotten anything here. A few days of light smoke and the smell of campfires, but that was it.

I'm glad I moved from Ottawa, they're getting it bad there.

@bantamsrmyfav How are things in Gatineau?

:frow Hello! I've been a long-time lurker on BYC and have recently moved to BC from overseas. I'm hoping to work on establishing a small flock later this year, but I'm still getting familiar with Canadian hatcheries and shipping practices, does anyone have any recommendations for sourcing chicks on the West coast?

In the meantime while I am very impatiently waiting for my own little fluffballs, it's a delight and an inspiration seeing everyone's beautiful birds.

(Also hoping for better conditions soon for all those affected by the wildfires.)

:frow Hello! I've been a long-time lurker on BYC and have recently moved to BC from overseas. I'm hoping to work on establishing a small flock later this year, but I'm still getting familiar with Canadian hatcheries and shipping practices, does anyone have any recommendations for sourcing chicks on the West coast?

In the meantime while I am very impatiently waiting for my own little fluffballs, it's a delight and an inspiration seeing everyone's beautiful birds.

(Also hoping for better conditions soon for all those affected by the wildfires.)
:welcome

Where did you move from, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't know of any hatcheries over your way, unfortunately. I'm sure you'll find something though! You can also check out online ads (Kijiji) in the Livestock section.

:welcome

Where did you move from, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't know of any hatcheries over your way, unfortunately. I'm sure you'll find something though! You can also check out online ads (Kijiji) in the Livestock section.
I'm coming from the US gulf coast (Louisiana). Not a huge culture shock by any means, but there are enough subtle differences to really keep me on my toes, especially since no one around me here has dealt extensively with chickens. Thanks for the tip! I've already been getting too hyped up browsing :wee

Back
Top Bottom