Canadians check in here....

Quote:
I'm having the same issues! It sucks doesn't it?
barnie.gif

I asked the local farmers co-op if they were having any coloured eggers in spring. He said no promises, but he will try for me. Most likely will have to get eggs shipped to me and try to hatch them myself. Not the worst thing, but it's completely dependent on having a broody hen. I don't think my fiancée wants to let me get a bator. Probably for the best.. I would be sneaky and get addicted.. I have that kind of personality
hide.gif

I am on Vancouver Island, BC doing everything I can to sell the house so that we can move to northern BC about an hour away from Prince George

We did the opposite, moving from Smithers to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. I have never looked back. Hated those long cold winters! Each to his own
smile.png

I was born in Vancouver BC, but now I live in Okotoks AB for week with my dad and Lethbridge AB for a week with my mom
big_smile.png
But I plan on moving to Australia when I have enough cash, I can't stand the winters here!

Last edited:
Quote:
Talk about it cold and can't site outside and watch my chickens and ppl who are looking for chicks in the spring go to peformencepoultry.com it has all kinds of rare breeds and stuff I'm getting 40 chicks there in the spring that i don't even see in poultry shows I'm so excited

It's a dandy site and yes you gotta wait till January. I'll have to ask Santa for more space in the coop LOL

Back
Top Bottom