candeling pics.any more thoughts?

skillswife

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
SW Montana
Here are my most recent. Not sure what to think. The first one is weird because although its light, I swear there is movement???Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. Then the others I am hoping are chicks not just funky blobs, lol. Yep I am a newbie, I admit it!
IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Last edited:
Im afraid I cannot see definite signs of fertility in these eggs. I suspect some embryonic development has occured but its looks like a bacterial infection has set in. Please dont break them open to check on my word!!!

However I would expect to see significant growth of a dark area occupying two thirds of the egg with active supporting blood vessels on day 14.

Good luck

Pete

dang, I was affraid of that. Is it possible for some reason they aren't developing as fast? I just have to grasp at some hope I will have at least 1 egg hatch. Does it make any difference that these are brown cochin eggs? Thanks!

No difference due to being brown cochins. Just hang in there. I have posted a thread on the geese section about dewlap toulouse with lots of candling pics and information.

If you dont suceed then you will learn from experience and get there soon
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom