candeling questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BairleaFarm, Sep 1, 2011.

1. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    THis is my first time. Silkie eggs. Tell me if im right............. im at day 14

Good egg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bad egg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are also day 14 and are large eggs. first pic good second pic bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some of the ones with veins the dark moves if i move the egg. is it suppose to?

2. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    They look like my silkie eggs and am hoping your right as far as the good ones:D[​IMG]
    Ayda

3. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Your good egg/bad egg assessment is dead-on. [​IMG] The first egg has a sizable air cell in the end but it should be fine. If the contents of that egg start to move very fluidly inside the egg, it may have stopped development, but if the embryo/yolk sac appears to be staying mostly put when you tip the egg you should be A-OK. The blank eggs are infertile. The spidery veins in the one are a good sign of early development, but the red "ring" around the one egg is bad news. I think I read somewheres that the red ring (sometimes it is only a line) is a sign of bacterial growth in the egg, and that one's a goner. But your first egg looks real promising. Here's to a good hatch! [​IMG]

4. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Quote:I'm glad that Bairleafarm is dead on:D I candled mine last night, they looked like that and I thought they were goners because it almost looked dry??? around the edges. Maybe I will take pictures and post them for opinions
    Ayda

5. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I just candled my 40 10 day americaunas and they all looked promising.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by