Candid game cam pix: and the life of my chickens

Quote:
That's kinda the idea of taking them to the pound, they have to PAY to get them back out. (except Daisy I know her owners, she's kinda a friend of the family so to speak)
I know with proof of current Rabies it's $35 for one day, probably more if they hold the dogs longer, and more again if they don't have a current vax (none of them are wearing tags, even the ones with collars on)

Come to speak of it, I haven't seen my "pet" skunk in a while. Hope she's alright.....

Great pictures! What was the cost of the trap? I have seen large ones for $45,but they would not be good for dogs.Going to see if you posted that info. Hope you get the dogs you want to catch!

Could you put an *in heat* dog in the cage for a bit to scent it up?

Ok I know this sounds crazy, but if you can find a female dog in heat, get a stuffed animal and rub it all over the female dog and then rub the blood from her heat cycle on the stuffed animal. Then place the stuffed animal in the back of the trap and that will work the same way. That's the only thing the males care about. If she's bleeding like any other female dog in heat the male will surely find it. Gross, I know. But it's effective.

Quote:
yeah I totally get the idea. We just got our girl fixed before Christmas, and my SIL's dog had her cycle around then too so it'll be a few months.
tongue.png

Great pictures! What was the cost of the trap?

The trap cost $165 at TSC (it's for coyotes), and it's not that well made IMO, however it's the ONLY one I could find big-enough.​

This @#$ dog is just too smart to catch!!!

HUNT0139.JPG

HUNT0140.JPG

HUNT0141.JPG

Doggy beware, it's getting warmer, and that means I can camp out with my gun!!

I also need to start setting my raccoon size traps again. The chain is on the big trap, so I had to put the little ones up (lest someone steal them!) but I bought a new chain for them today so I'll get them set up again!
HUNT0162.JPG

That's an educated dog. Just as wild animals become educated by trap/relocate/release dogs and cats also become educated. The hardest feral cat to catch is one that has been trapped/neutered/released to continue killing.

Quote:
I've never caught him, and I seriously doubt anyone else has either. I think he's just smart, or less food-motivated than most dogs. You know how a lot of dogs smell food and lose all their other brain cells....(my Lab could be a prime example).....this one doesn't.

Caught this dog yesterday morning. It's a puppy, very very friendly and doesn't run with the chicken killers. Animal control is closed on Saturday/Sunday, so I was just gonna keep it until Monday.
It's owner came over and released it while I was at work
rant.gif

and the same dogs were running loose again later in the evening.
Some people never learn I guess. I've talked to them they KNOW where the dogs are getting out of their fence. I wanted them to have to PAY to get their dog back, but I guess I'm gonna have to HIDE dogs if I can't get it to animal control immediately.

HUNT0708.JPG

On the upside, I've caught two of their dogs on more than one occasion - they don't seem to get trap shy. I think they might be crate trained coz they are really calm in the cage.

My goodness Tala! Your remaining free range bird(s) will soon be dead if you don't take notice of the several warnings you've been given on your cam and in your trap. The only defense for the birds that I see is to try to get to a high spot before it is eaten. With the money spent on cam and trap(s), something suitable for the bird's protection could have been made or bought. I'm not trying to be rude but at this point if you lose any more free rangers it will be because of your negligence and none other.
Nice pics though!

Back
Top Bottom