Candid game cam pix: and the life of my chickens

Quote:
I have no free rangers thank you very much for your imput. All my chickens are in the pen now except the chicks that are at my house.
I bought the camera a relatively good while back, not for dogs but because of HUMAN predators - when someone made off with my brand spankin new live trap. It costs money to buy chains and padlocks for them too ya know, at least with the camera I'd have evidence of who it was. I'm glad I bought it.
The dogs simply have to stay home on principle.

I can't believe you have so many loose dogs in your neighborhood. That is just crazy. I only have one guy in the neighborhood who drives me nuts wiht his dogs. Their entire yard is fenced with chainlink yet he lets the dogs out with the driveway gate wide open! I caught them nosing around my run but couldn't get them to go away. Finally someone stole his little blue pit. It's a shame, very cute and friendly dog. I just hope it was someone kind and not someone who wants to fight it
hmm.png

The irresponsibilty of some dog owners is SO aggravating
somad.gif

Well Tala. I agree with you 100%. It's better to have spent the money on the camera to have the evidence there. You always have to have evidence, just in case this goes further.

LMC:

That's extremely rude of you to say those things. It's the irresponsibility of the dog owner to let them roam around in other neighbors properties. Tala is protecting the flock like they're supposed to. It's the bird owners property and neighboring dogs should not be coming onto the property. Choose your words more wisely next time, if you aren't trying to be rude.

Quote:
I have no free rangers thank you very much for your imput. All my chickens are in the pen now except the chicks that are at my house.
I bought the camera a relatively good while back, not for dogs but because of HUMAN predators - when someone made off with my brand spankin new live trap. It costs money to buy chains and padlocks for them too ya know, at least with the camera I'd have evidence of who it was. I'm glad I bought it.

While I'm sure you don't want any more of my input, my post was not made to hurt your feelings in any way. You see I don't know your current circumstances, I only have the info you posted in this thread to base my opinions on.
In my defense, can we refer back to posts:
#1-pictures of loose birds
#14-pictures of loose birds
#22- you posted that a dog killed 6 chickens in one day
#24- picture of 4 Roos out
#30- pic of Mr. Red on the truck
#32- pic of loose birds
#38- you stated that you had 5 free range roosters
#40-you stated that your family member saw a dog chasing your chickens and you hoped you didn't lose any while you were at work
#41-pic of dog chasing a rooster
#45- pictures of children that you insisted were chasing your birds
#74- picture of dog chasing rooster
#84-picture of your last free range rooster, the one smart enough to jump on the fence while the dogs were around
#89- you posted that the dogs killed 2, Lucky and Leggy
And finally, post #95. You stated that you complained to authorities about the DOGS, BEFORE they even killed any of your birds.

I only had concern for your birds in mind when I posted to you. I say things sometimes a little too bluntly, I admit but my intentions were not to come across as rude. It just really bothered me that you had evidence of dogs harassing your birds and it appeared as though you were doing nothing to prevent it.
I really hope you don't get all bent over this. Like I said though, I was goin off of information YOU provided in THIS THREAD.
I'm just going to assume then that your signature just needs to be updated.

Quote:
That is your opinion. In my opinion, based on the info here, she wasn't doing enough to protect her birds. I stand by my words.
I didn't join this forum to fight with anybody. I joined because I like chickens, in my backyard. My post was made out of concern for her chickens. How very rude of me.

Quote:

While I'm sure you don't want any more of my input, my post was not made to hurt your feelings in any way. You see I don't know your current circumstances, I only have the info you posted in this thread to base my opinions on.
In my defense, can we refer back to posts:
#1-pictures of loose birds
#14-pictures of loose birds
#22- you posted that a dog killed 6 chickens in one day
#24- picture of 4 Roos out
#30- pic of Mr. Red on the truck
#32- pic of loose birds
#38- you stated that you had 5 free range roosters
#40-you stated that your family member saw a dog chasing your chickens and you hoped you didn't lose any while you were at work
#41-pic of dog chasing a rooster
#45- pictures of children that you insisted were chasing your birds
#74- picture of dog chasing rooster
#84-picture of your last free range rooster, the one smart enough to jump on the fence while the dogs were around
#89- you posted that the dogs killed 2, Lucky and Leggy
And finally, post #95. You stated that you complained to authorities about the DOGS, BEFORE they even killed any of your birds.

I only had concern for your birds in mind when I posted to you. I say things sometimes a little too bluntly, I admit but my intentions were not to come across as rude. It just really bothered me that you had evidence of dogs harassing your birds and it appeared as though you were doing nothing to prevent it.
I really hope you don't get all bent over this. Like I said though, I was goin off of information YOU provided in THIS THREAD.
I'm just going to assume then that your signature just needs to be updated.

I have since doubled the size of my pen and brought the loose roos in. Yes my siggy is a bit outdated, I have new chicks to add to it as well and some more in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom