Candle Wax on Egg?

I have one right now (that I got after I posted) that is growing, hopefully it makes it all the way as it is only 1 of 3 that are developing, the other 3 aren't any good
sad.png

looks kind of funny, got blue wax on a white egg
tongue.png

I thought "all" the eggs were dead...I FREAKED when I saw a pip in the eggs!

I've got one WHOLE chick now...so that's UBER exciting! But, the one chick I had to help out...it was exhausted and "should" have hatched yesterday. There's another one I think might hatch but there's no pip yet.

The candle wax one...I keep putting right up to my nose and I can't smell it at all...so I know it's not dead, or at least not rotting...

I accidently hit two of my eggs on the turning rack when pulling out some trays on day 7, oops. I saw that they were developing though so i thought id give them a chance, I put medical tape over the cracks on both since its cloth like its breathable and flexible. Both chicks hatched on day 21 just right!

I have an egg due to hatch on the 26th that was cracked when I got it and after I read on here about candle wax I used some on it , So far so good ...
fl.gif
It has a liveing wiggling baby in it as of the last time I candled <last night>

Ive used candle wax to cover up holes made by puncturing the egg with a syringe to inject dye so i can reconize the breed when it hatches. I dont think it was a very good idea to use sented wax and you should have cleaned it with rubbing alcohal before waxing it but DO NOT REDO IT because that will greatly increase its chance to get infected. although there is low chances for that egg theres nothing you can do but wait now. assuming it was a mild crack id give it a 10% chance.

Good luck

My egg had a hole in it I did wax it with a birthday candle but what if wax gets into the hole? I think it might have in the process of trying to close it.... BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom