Candled and...*update*

Razadia

The Odd One
11 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Montgomery, Alabama
I still have 20 viable eggs out of 25!
celebrate.gif
Since dad claims the game chickens are his, he has decided that he controls whether or not I hatch any more eggs. He had me candle a few days ago (way too early to really tell anything) and I marked all the ones I was unsure if they were going to develop. The five non-viable eggs all had a question mark on them from a few days ago. One was blood ringed and the other 4 were clear. This is my first hatch and I'm really happy to have gotten this far. I have my fingers crossed that the rest of the incubation will go well, with few if any quitters.
fl.gif

Last edited:
woot.gif
I set mine on the 23rd. I have 11 out of 12 developing. The other was clear. There are 4 in my incubator (was 3 but one under the broody had a crack so moved it in to the incubator). There are 8 under my silkie. So excited, can't wait til day 21!

I had two temp spikes last night. Both hit 106. I ended up freaking out and candling. There's only one questionable and all the rest are fine. If there's not another temp spike I'll be candling again on day 14.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom