Candled Day 18...Clear space at point of all eggs...Anyone HELP!?!

I had the same thing and I couldn't see movement from day 14 on and had 12 out of 12 hatch, so I think you are going to be good.
fl.gif

I am using a regular flash light with a rolled up piece of cardboard taped to the end. not bright enouch to see movement. But I could see veining in the clear part. Should I at least try to keep it at 100.5? I will stay up all night!!! I have come tooooo far now!!!
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif

I really think you will be fine. Just leave everything as is but with the low temps don't worry if they don't start hatching on day 21.

That (65%) was working good for my last hatch. I got into trouble with trying to fill the water wells all the way up (so I would not have to open any more) and my egg carton started wicking up the water and shot my humidity over 70% and after that I did not get any more pips.

55-65 humidity should be good.
Dont go much higher than that though because you dont want the chicks to drown.
I agree that they might be just a little slower developing is why you were seeing the bottom like you were. Dont give up on them for a couple days later than the 21st. day.
Do you have a fan in your LG? if so your temp was good at 99-100.5 but if it does not have a fan you might want the temp a bit higher next time say 100.5-102 should be best.
Good luck with the eggies!

You got good info. A clear area at the small end means at day 18 you're running a tad behind. Solid blackness means you're pretty much dead on.

Still air should be warmer than 99. Though I don't go higher than 101 because if there are enough of them, internal movement and hatching can bring temps up quickly and unpredictably.

Humidity is the devil's own two-edged-sword of hatching.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom