Candled Day 18...Clear space at point of all eggs...Anyone HELP!?!

tail_feather

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Columbia, TN
Been years since I have candled at day 18. Can't find any good pics of candled eggs on the net @ day 18. All of the eggs are dark in the middle, air cells look good. But they all have clear spaces at the pointed end of the eggs. As I turn the eggs, I can see veining drooping down into the "clear area". I know that at this point the chick still has a certain amt of of yolk to absorb. But, can anyone help me and relieve my mind? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Rand

Wow, scarey. At this point you have got to let nature take control. If there is an air space, then perhaps they will be able to hatch fine!
I'm sure a more experienced hatcher has some better knowledge to share! Good luck!

Thanks Spook! I just thought by now the total bottom side of the egg would be dark.
idunno.gif
barnie.gif

HCE, glad to know I am not alone. It is very nerve racking to have come this far and feel like you did everything right, and then question evrything right at the end!!
he.gif

Seriously, I have to laugh at myself for being so darn attached to my eggs. This poor guy was the only fertile one out of 6 lh eggs. I REALLY want him to hatch--especially if he turns out to be a she.
lol.png
I have him in with quail eggs, so at least he won't be lonely.

Back
Top Bottom