Candled MORE Eggs...BAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cherndon712, Jan 30, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Okay...I have a BIG problem...I got 37 eggs from this guy...Mille fleur d uccle, japanese, spanish, wyandotte, and lamona...ALL of them candled clear but ONE...That's 36 that didn't make it to even START developing...Any ideas?

And, I had 6 phoenix and 6 EE eggs from an ebay seller...Not one of them candled anything but clear...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Did he have a ROOSTER?

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    ???? Did you let them set before putting them in incubator???

4. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    My thoughts exactly! I don't want to be harsh, but COME ON!!! They were packaged VERY well...Not a single crack...No dented box...I got packages that looked like the PO played soccer with them and they're developing FINE!!!

5. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Yup...Set them for 24 hours, and they were only 4 days old when I got them.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Send the seller an email and ask him to check on his rooster - cause I'm thinking its a HEN with a big comb and he's mistaken!

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Could have gotten a real bad chill in a shipping container too. Sometimes I swear the eggs we get from the same source every week must have sat over night in the freezing weather in a truck, instead of in the building, because fertility can be a pain when you need to get something done.

8. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I'm very perturbed right now...I spent a whopping $20 per dozen of the milles and lamonas...it ended up being $60 total...PLUS shipping!!! He said he checked fertility...But I don't think so!!!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't think it's fair for you to blame the seller entirely. I've gotten different batches of eggs from the same seller and had very different results. We all know that shipping takes a toll on the eggs no matter how carefully they are wrapped. I'm not saying there aren't bad sellers out there....there are, but that's the chance you take when you buy eggs that have to be shipped.

10. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I emailed him, so I'll see what he says...At least Dipsy's eggs are doing good!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by