Candled MORE Eggs...BAD NEWS

cherndon712

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WY
Okay...I have a BIG problem...I got 37 eggs from this guy...Mille fleur d uccle, japanese, spanish, wyandotte, and lamona...ALL of them candled clear but ONE...That's 36 that didn't make it to even START developing...Any ideas?

And, I had 6 phoenix and 6 EE eggs from an ebay seller...Not one of them candled anything but clear...

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly! I don't want to be harsh, but COME ON!!! They were packaged VERY well...Not a single crack...No dented box...I got packages that looked like the PO played soccer with them and they're developing FINE!!!

Send the seller an email and ask him to check on his rooster - cause I'm thinking its a HEN with a big comb and he's mistaken!

Could have gotten a real bad chill in a shipping container too. Sometimes I swear the eggs we get from the same source every week must have sat over night in the freezing weather in a truck, instead of in the building, because fertility can be a pain when you need to get something done.

I'm very perturbed right now...I spent a whopping $20 per dozen of the milles and lamonas...it ended up being $60 total...PLUS shipping!!! He said he checked fertility...But I don't think so!!!

I don't think it's fair for you to blame the seller entirely. I've gotten different batches of eggs from the same seller and had very different results. We all know that shipping takes a toll on the eggs no matter how carefully they are wrapped. I'm not saying there aren't bad sellers out there....there are, but that's the chance you take when you buy eggs that have to be shipped.

Back
Top Bottom