Candling day 25 (lockdown) with unexpected results - HELP!

Yeah I dunno. Maybe the eggs had bacteria on them that got inside I dunno. My last chicks I had 40 eggs set and 13 were fully formed and never pipped. The last duck eggs I set I set 42 candled at day 10 and all were clear that was November.

Yeah I dunno. Maybe the eggs had bacteria on them that got inside I dunno. My last chicks I had 40 eggs set and 13 were fully formed and never pipped. The last duck eggs I set I set 42 candled at day 10 and all were clear that was November.
ok, that's also depressing but makes me feel a bit better I guess.

I have two small bators, only 7 at a time. Hatch before last I got 100% last hatch I got zero. You just keep working it.
Maybe I got too big for my breeches too fast. We did so well with our small incubator so I upgraded from 7 to 48 capacity, and made plans to increase our setup. Well, looks like slow and steady is the way to win this race :(

I just put 36 eggs in lockdown 16 are lavender orpington eggs I paid 80 bucks for 2 dozen I have 16 left. The others are just my mutt eggs from home. I noticed some of the air cells looked small in some eggs and some looked fine. Nothing you can do about it. Set em make sure your instruments are reading right and hope it works. I like it so much I bought another 42 egg incubator lol. Shrug it off and do it again.

Back
Top Bottom