Candling/Development Question **Updated** pg 2

Can I candle every day if I do it quick?
big_smile.png

With my first bunch I candled every three days, most of the time now I just candle on days 7. 14. and 18, as I'm trying not to get too invested in eggs that may or may not hatch. besides, the stress just kills me if i hover over the bator. This way I can keep my emotional distance, sort of, until time for hatch, and *then* I go insane checking the bator constantly.

The 8 faverolle eggs were still clear along with 1 silkie. I gave up on them today and cracked them. All appeared to be unfertile - no signs of development at all. I still have 12 silkies and 2 faverolles that are developing well - candling is so cool by the way! My temp is staying at 99.4 - 99.6 hum 35%-40%. When it's time to raise the humidity, how do I do that? I have currently have two wet sponges in the bator and the small trough has water in it.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but if it were me, I would up the temp. to about 101. I don't know what kind of bator you have, but I just kept the trough full. My humidity stayed around 40-45%. Then when I upped it on day 18, I placed a wet paper towel in the bator and the humidity went up to around 60-65% and everything turned out perfect.

You could see if your humidity level will remain if you start taking the sponges out one at a time, and if so, maybe you could put them back when it's time to up the humidity. If the humidity drops, then you know you will have to keep them in there.
Do you have any kind of air leak in your bator? If so, that may account for the humidity loss.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Back
Top Bottom