candling duck eggs!!! please help

ducklady1994

Hatching
Aug 15, 2016
Hello i have 2 female ducks and a drake. My girls started laying last month. I just put my drake in with them about 3 weeks ago and i have a egg that over time has gotten dark on the inside over the 3 weeks of candling . I am not incubating them my girls are. So i was wondering if theres a baby growing in there or is the egg no good? Please help I will have a picture later tonite when its dark

Hello i have 2 female ducks and a drake. My girls started laying last month. I just put my drake in with them about 3 weeks ago and i have a egg that over time has gotten dark on the inside over the 3 weeks of candling . I am not incubating them my girls are. So i was wondering if theres a baby growing in there or is the egg no good? Please help I will have a picture later tonite when its dark
If they are sitting on it and it is getting darker then is probabally fertile and a Duckling is growing. They take 28 days

There was a period of time where i didnt candle the egg at all. So idk if i missed the viens forming but no i havent seen any at all...the darkness is almost filling up the whole egg. And if im not mistaken im pretty sure it was a doubled yolked egg to

Im heart broken:( i go out to my duck pin just a little while ago and the egg i thought had a baby in it was laying outside of the nesting box. Come to find out it was just a spoiled egg :( no baby this time

There are 17 eggs in the same nest from both of my girls. I candled all of them tonite and there were about 5 with veins!!!!! Im saying there on day 6 or 7...hopefully i have a bunch of babys running around in the next month
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png

Aww, sorry your first egg was a dud, but happy to hear you have some others developing. :)

Are they still laying new eggs in the nest every day, or has the number been at 17 for awhile? If they have stopped laying then you can candle again in a week and then discard all the ones with no veins. No reason to make them sit on such a large number of eggs if they are not all developing. Good luck with your hatch! ^-^

Back
Top Bottom