Candling eggs - can you help with camera settings?

yippiechickie.gif
Quail_Antwerp - yes I have 5 viable eggs left. I have been weeding them out as I go...I removed one tonight and broke it open to confirm it was just a yolker...yesterday i had one with a huge blood ring in it, so I broke it open and I think the chick had died at about day 5...a couple of days ago there was another yolker....but the ones I have now are all moving! Keep praying for the remaining ones!

ninjapoodles - I have one egg that is green and it is extremely hard to see anything. I am pretty sure I can faintly see veins, but the others are pretty obvious whether there is something in there or not.

I think my problem as far as the pics go may be my light source. I have an LED flashlight that came with a little tripod for 14.95 at Wal-Mart. Its better than my cheap flashlight, but its nothing like the picture from SilkieChick!
thumbsup.gif

~Rebecca

Last edited:
I have button quail eggs right now that are near impossible to candle so I've just had to leave them all. So long as you keep an eye on them and make sure to start removing them if the incubator smells then they are fine. The downside is you have no idea how they are doing or how many might hatch. I have 25 eggs and all I know is 1 has pipped. No clue how many quail i'll get. Until that pip a few hours ago I didn't think any would hatch.

Back
Top Bottom