Candling Question

chickenlover456

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bay Area, CA
What is the earliest you should candle? Is there a certain place in time where it can harm the egg? It's Day 2 for my eggs, and i'm anxious to candle, but I won't start until i'm sure it's fine.

I don't know about anyone else, but I usually candle mine about day 3. That's when I can usually start to see veining, if any. If I'm not 100% possitive, then I put it back in the incubator and recheck around day 7 or so. Everyone is different and has their own methods, but there are plenty of wonderful people here to help you out, and you can pick which one is best for you, that's what I did.

Quote:
Thats what I do too
wink.png

I candled on day 5 if I remember, and saw the veining. And again on day 8 or 9. Candle early to see the veining, after that it was growing dark blobs...

Judging from the wide variety of answers, I'm guessing it doesn't really matter when, as long as its NOT Day 2. (Yes, I candled when i received the eggs in the mail to check for cracks.) Since I'm just about bouncing up and down in my chair, I think I'll candle on Day 3. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom