Candling question

karint

Songster
May 24, 2019
So I’ve read that the first day you should candle is day 7. Today is day 5 and my Turner finally arrived. Can I put the eggs into the Turner today and candle at the same time? I did count the first day as day 0. Not sure it makes that much of a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 15
So I’ve read that the first day you should candle is day 7. Today is day 5 and my Turner finally arrived. Can I put the eggs into the Turner today and candle at the same time? I did count the first day as day 0. Not sure it makes that much of a difference.
Yes, you can candle today, and should be able to see some development. I candle more than suggested and it hasn't affected any of my hatches. Oh be sure to candle around day 9, it's my favorite because you can see them swimming around in the egg ;) Happy hatching!

Yes, you can candle today, and should be able to see some development. I candle more than suggested and it hasn't affected any of my hatches. Oh be sure to candle around day 9, it's my favorite because you can see them swimming around in the egg ;) Happy hatching!
Thanks!! Just plugged in the Turner to be sure it works. That means tonight I’m going to candle and put them in the Turner. I’m so excited. Thanks! Definitely will do day 9 as well.

Back
Top Bottom