Candy Corn Time!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ladysonja, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    I know this is crazy, but today when DH & I went grocery shopping, I found Candy Corn and bought two. One for work and one for the house.

Of course DH thinks I am absolutely Nutz, I love Candy Corn.

I guess it is the sign that fall is coming along with the holidays. It's two months before Halloween, but I cannot help myself. At least I have two months - Maybe three (after Halloween) to enjoy Candy Corns. [​IMG]

This made me think... What is everyone's favorite holiday treat?

Think what makes you warm and fuzzy about seasonal candy...

Next favorite treat are "Peeps" at Easter!

So I have a sweet tooth... What's yours?

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

oh, I can SO identify with you about the candy corn!!! I need it like I need another 50#, but I just can't pass up having candy corn at least once in the fall. There's also a ritual way to eat it: nibble off the white tip first, then the orange middle, and lastly, finish off the yellow top part. Yum!! Thanks for taking me back to childhood! *now thinking about candy corn, orange candy pumpkins for fall, circus peanuts, and hard Christmas candies, including the kind with the designs in the middle, and the ribbon kind...*

3. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    add bowl of salted peanuts and you've got a real tasty snack
    Fall is just around the corner. Yay! nay.... well the cooler weather will be nice but then we know what's next
    Melia

4. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Cadbury Cream Eggs, YUMMY!

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:*drool*

Regular and caramel are great!

Love fire roasted peeps. They get a crunchy outershell!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

oh, & let's not forget Heavenly Hash (for some reason not available here further north than my husband's home state of LA. He grew up on them, and we RARELY see them up here...) they're chocolate covered marshmallow eggs with 2 whole almonds on top (under the chocolate).

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I swear i was eating candy corn when i just saw this post [​IMG] Its caramel flavor candy corn and its yummy [​IMG]
    I was surprised to see it so early in the store.....but i forgot to complain [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    wow..ladysonja!!..MY two favorites are also candy corn..then i cant wait for Easter for the peeps!....hee,hee, Wendy

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    OMG I loveeeeee candy corn [​IMG]

Hmmm faves?
    Around easter I like the cadbury eggs and reeses eggs... Heck, I buy anything from reeses that comes in shapes, my kids love them.

Candy corn for fall. Yeah, I eat the different colors separately too. [​IMG]

Candy canes for winter, I munch on them as long as there's snow outside. They're awesome with whipped cream topped hot cocoa [​IMG]

10. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    why is it that the reese's holiday shapes taste so much better than the candy bars
    Fresher candy I guess or maybe it's the shapes LOL
    Melia
    I look forward to the White chocolate covered Oreos around Christmas YUMMM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by