Canker help needed please! My beloved rooster needs help!

There are some worms that do have to be treated for for multiple days in a row. They will be fine. Just treat one more time in ten days.

Be sure to clean your waterers and feeders good...and often.

Do you think keeping the young rough ones separated from Abe for stress reasons makes sense, and would you bother treating the ones who are going to get culled in 10 days for canker? They have separate food, and water buckets, and I washed Abes food out today, and rinsed his bucket but will totally clean it tomorrow, and stay on top of that. I put clean fresh pellets into a clean food dish, and figured i would wash his whole bucket feeder out tomorrow along with his water bucket. I will order the fish zole. Can you help me with the dosing of that when I get it?

I guess i don't even know at this point if i should keep them separated except i think it's less stress for Abe, and Brian (who would be a keeper, and is currently at the bottom of the flock). At this point they all have varied degrees of it.

Give me a few minutes to look a few things up.
I am not sure about this whole culling to eat a bird with canker deal.

bbiaf

Thank you!!! we originally thought we were just dealing with the worms, and would address the culling once they were done & treated until the canker was noticed today! You are like my fairy chicken mother!:D I've been reading/ thinking, and looking at canker all day. My brain is overwhelmed. It's so hard sometimes to love a chicken!

https://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/publications/field_manual/chapter_25.pdf
Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 9.11.14 PM.png

https://www.bto.org/sites/default/f...monosis-fact-sheet-garden-wildlife-health.pdf
Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 9.13.17 PM.png

I think I would treat the birds for cancer no matter what.
I had to look up to see if humans can get this canker stuff and it doesn't appear that we can.

That's good to know!! And you would just treat all the birds... what size bottle should I get? If i treat the keepers It's 21 birds, and if I treat the whole current flock it's 29. Would you let the other doodles back into the coop too? Or do you think less stress for Abe is better?

Back
Top Bottom