Canker Metronidazole Powder 20% dose for one chicken

But the amount listed is per gallon and he obviously not drinking gallons of water. So I thought a smaller amount in a smaller amount of water and syringe feed. But not sure the dose with the 20% powder

Great I will try and get some shipped to me in mean time I’ll try this powder I have.
Try the powder you have until you can get the tablets.

You can always make a smaller batch, the label says 4tsp powder per Gallon of water, so break it down:
2tsp powder per 1/2 Gallon of water.
1tsp powder per Quart of water.
1/2tsp powder per Pint of water.

Try the powder you have until you can get the tablets.

You can always make a smaller batch, the label says 4tsp powder per Gallon of water, so break it down:
2tsp powder per 1/2 Gallon of water.
1tsp powder per Quart of water.
1/2tsp powder per Pint of water.
So update is he more active and eating more he has gained weight but I still see canker on one side of his throat. I still don’t have tablets. I think I’m going to try another round of the powder I put in water. Any other suggestions ?

Since the dosage is 50 mg per pound, give him 1/5 of a tablet. It doesn’t have to be exact. Metronidazole is given for 5-7 days.
Ok my tablets are almost in rooster is hanging in there but still thin and can canker. If it’s 50mg per pound and he is 2 pounds would it be 1/4 tablet per day, I’m also reading 50mg per pound twice a day?

Ok my tablets are almost in rooster is hanging in there but still thin and can canker. If it’s 50mg per pound and he is 2 pounds would it be 1/4 tablet per day, I’m also reading 50mg per pound twice a day?
As far as I know, the correct dose for treating Canker is below.
If you are reading give 2X a day, what's the context of that dosing and what type of bird?
Since the dosage is 50 mg per pound, give him 1/5 of a tablet. It doesn’t have to be exact. Metronidazole is given for 5-7 days.

As far as I know, the correct dose for treating Canker is below.
If you are reading give 2X a day, what's the context of that dosing and what type of bird?
On different threads here I’ve heard some did twice a day some once some say 50mg per kg once a day some did 50kg twice a day

Attachments

• AC953B46-6304-4E30-B790-83B8F21C9CC7.png
    AC953B46-6304-4E30-B790-83B8F21C9CC7.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 3F1475EE-2B7C-446A-BFC8-1E48C3E27314.png
    3F1475EE-2B7C-446A-BFC8-1E48C3E27314.png
    400.6 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom