canned corn

Sound like some high class chickens.
smile.png
And their eggs taste like heaven, but you don't want to eat too many if you're gonna drive.
big_smile.png

I have had chickens now for about 3 years and when I started I asked a friend of mine who has had chickens for years about table scrapes, she told me to throw nothing from the kitchen in the garbage, to give it to my chickens so i do. My husband and I eat bananas, grapes, apples, pealed because we can't chew the skins, and pealed oranges every morning so in the afternoon when I go out to gather eggs, put my chickens up for the day, in order to get them into the inner pen I take my container with those peals and bread scraps, etc. out to induce them into the inner pen,
. They follow along harassing the heck out of me until i dump them in the inner pen then they go nuts. They go for the bread cubes and crumbs first then the rest of it. That gives me a chance to close the inner pen door.
I have a pen in a pen to discourage dogs, cats and other night visitors from getting at my flock of 8 hens and one rooster.

Just keep it to a small treat as its only about 7-8% protein. My preferred treat is oats or oatmea which is about 12% protein and they love it..especially when they get it mixed with yogurt which also adds a little calcium.

Back
Top Bottom