Canned creamed corn?

RebelEgger

Free Ranging
May 10, 2020
Chester, Nova Scotia
My Coop
My Coop
Ok I know chickens can eat corn - but is canned creamed corn ok?
I bought a can for them thinking it was sweet corn 🙄 I was going to put it into an ice cube tray then I can just thaw them a cube at a time as a treat (if they like it)
On a side note - I finally found a non ‘chicken food’ treat they liked, wild strawberries. These guys seems fussy, haven’t liked many veggies or fruits I’ve offered yet!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 66
what have you tried? tomatoes? banana? grapes? (cut into small pieces, at least when you introduce them to any such new foods)
do they free range? what's their 'main' or normal food?

what have you tried? tomatoes? banana? grapes? (cut into small pieces, at least when you introduce them to any such new foods)
do they free range? what's their 'main' or normal food?
I’ve tried eggs, banana, tomato, apple (they sort of liked that), cucumber. The wild strawberries were the only thing they were excited about.
they don’t free range (not safe where we are, too close to the road and too many dog neighbors)
They eat their chick starter, have grit and 2 waterers. They do have scratch at bedtime which they love, I sprinkle 1/2 cup in the coop.

OK; keep trying them with the fruits and veggies, and poke your finger into it to show them it's food (just like mamma would if you had a broody), while 'cluck,cluck,clucking', again as she would. They will twig on sooner or later!

Back
Top Bottom