Canning and Home preserving

Pics
I dont like em for myself either :lau lots of people love em though. What do u think went wrong?
Too much Vinegar and I may have processed them too long. The yolk is find but the White is hard like rubber...

Where eggs are concerned I am very sensitive to texture. Loved the taste though The Tumeric smelled mouth watering when i was making the brine. So next time I will only do a few eggs for a jar Tone down the Vinegar by half and keep on with the tumeric.

if I like it I will do a larger batch but keep them in the refrigerator.

deb

Ok I been AWOL cant do canning right now. Back has been giving me fits and other things going on. Got my Truck running and am working on cleaning it out.

Dropped a big Rubber Stock Tank (110 gallon size)on top of me it had about a foot of water in the bottom. It threw me backwards and I fell up against the utility trailer which is mostly angle iron and expanded mesh. Pinned me by the toe only thank goodness but I couldnt get up anyway. And of course all that mosquitoy algae filled nasty water went on ME. My Walker took some of the impact and I have a wheel print on my hip.

Neighbors came over and extracted me and helped me get up. Walker still works but the hinge point is warped. The walker is rated for 400 pounds.

so big toe Cheese grated a bout a foot stripe off my back. and left hand where I tried to break my fall.

Back was hurting before hand... not because of the fall. It always hurts but sometimes more than others. I am consolidating for the move. Canning Jars empty and or filled in wire racks now in the living room instead of the garage. House has a more constant temperature for the filled Jars.

I am ordering the wire shelving for the house probably next week. Four Racks 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide by 18 inches deep. And 8 Wire shelf drawers. All in all should be enough. Oh and they have wheels too so I can move them about. Price from a REstaurant supply store is half of Amazon but they have to ship ground Freight. So I am biting the bullet and buying all that I will need.

Sorting and packing clothes in Vacuume bags that will go into boxes. There is going to be a big delivery at Good will in my future. I arrived here with only the clothing on my back and a change in a bag. Expecting to go home and get more. But it didnt work out that way. I wound up over twelve years buying what I needed and As I got bigger buying all new.

Now I need to check the old stuff to see if I can get it on. Right now I have three pairs of jeans two pairs of stretch Leggings. that all fit. for now. And A boat load of Tshirts that can be taken in. Too pretty to give up. But I may do something with them.

Going to bring the horse trailer up soon as well. I can pack it with alot of the stuff thats already boxed in the garage. They were packed on and off as I lived here knowing I would be going home. All flip top plastic containers... And plastic shelving. The horse trailer is a two horse slant load so room enough in the back for two and a half horses. The tack room is room enough for a half horse as well. Those boxes can be stacked about four high or more if I put a sheet of ply wood between. Which i may do thus encorporating some building supplies in the process. Yep Yep.

I want to hire movers and will but I want to keep it a small box truck for the stuff that needs to go in the house Freezer, Fridge, Dishwasher, Tables and tool boxes. Most are still packaged and wont be opened till I get ready

When I get established at home All access to the outside world, Phone, Tv, Internet will be by satellite connection. So untill then I can access BYC Through the library for quick status notes.

Ok I wrote a book... If anyone posts on this thread I should respond eventually.

deb

Deb,

So sorry to hear about your accident with the water tank. That does not sound fun at all. Glad the neighbors came to help. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take it easy so you can heal.

It sounds like your plans are coming along nicely. Good luck with the wire racks! That sounds like a good system for you.

For any T-shorts that you can't wear anymore, they make a really nice quilt when backed by a nice cotton fabric. A friend of mine had all her son's high school swimming t-shirts made into a quilt that he took to college.

Back
Top Bottom