Can't believe I don't remember this!!

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
When do the girls start to get combs and waddles??? We have 4 light brahmas that are about 6-7 weeks old. They are somewhere between darkish orange and light pink and just barely starting to get tiny waddles. The other breeds are so clearly boy by now, but these are just throwing me for a loop.

I know how you feel and I own this breed!!...It's a guessing game with brahmas for me... your cockerals should get thick wide peacombs forming and wattles, the pullets will have a thin peacomb forming and no sign of wattles...and I'm told this not always works because they are slow to mature...This is the first year I have tried growing out from my own stock....

Last edited:
do you have any pictures of yours when they were this age??? We are running out to kmart to get battteries for the camera so I don't have any of these yet. But they are making me nuts.

Yours are older than mine!!.... The ones I just hatched out are going on 5 weeks...I can't tell much...I'm still guessing on mine...

Maybe someone with Brahma chick pics can post one of each...cockeral and pullet...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom