Can't eat chicken.

No problems eating chicken for me. Next year I plan to raise some meat chickens.

But I draw the line at my "pet" laying hens. Those girls will not ever be dinner.

I don't eat chicken
hu.gif

Well i don't blame u for not wanting to eat chicken. i love to eat chicken...chik-fil-a is my fav place to eat
tongue.png
but i understand that u can't eat it, i just think to myself, these r not my chickens im eating. i plan on raising some meat birds next year, but i get attached to animals easily so hopefully that project will be ok. you don't have to eat chicken if u don't want to, it's ur decision
smile.png

Hi Y'all
So since deciding on getting chickens about 5-6 weeks ago I noticed the other day I haven't actually eaten chicken since around that time... today in the grocery store I felt this weird sense of mortifcation as I passed the chicken section...yesterday, just to see if I could, I tried eating a chicken pot pie...usually great right? but I just couldn't do it .. is this normal? Will this pass? I don't think id actually *miss* eating it, I'm more of a ribs and margarita girl vs. chicken wings and beer :\\

I guess I have it in my head already our chickens will be pets...my 4 year old loves the idea.
hmm.png
jumpy.gif
I’m cursed! I cannot eat chickens! I don’t eat my pets! I love my chickens too much

I can gladly eat store bought chicken meat.
But I could never eat any chickens I butchered in the past. I let my parent gave away two whole butchered roosters cause I wasn’t gonna eat them if they even cook with butchered meat.
I think witnessing the roosters getting killed was quite horrific I say.

Back
Top Bottom