Cant get the temp right

Quote:
LOL I bought 5 of them. I knew once I brought them home from The Dollar Tree my kid's were going to steal them.
big_smile.png

i am using two zoo med brand therms. they are sold for reptile enclosures and have the probe that goes into the bator and the digital part that stays outside. maybe i just got lucky but both of these therms consistantly read the same temp. they are within one degree of the built-in digital therm read-out on my r-com so i'm going to presume they are pretty accurate. (it would be weird if all three were wrong and yet so close!)

good luck!

Quote:
I love zoo meds products. its a good thing i have a reptile lol. once II am done using it I wash it off and it goes to the leopard geckos tank to read the temp in there

you are welcome jmike. i try to help out as much as possible even if its something that I am new to I give a little bit of info then people just add on to it
smile.png

Quote:
ZooMed is one of the best reptile products out there.

I use the ZooMed probes in mine was well. They pretty much always read right on.

One thing on the probe.... Do NOT let the digital part sit on top of the incubator it can stometimes throw the temp reading off. I am not sure why it can but a local reptile breeeder told me that she found out it will throw your temps off. I tried it out just to see. I put two probes into one incubator and I was having wild readings on the one that laid on top of the incubator. I then pulled it to the side of the incubator and it read the same temp as the other one.

What I do is I dont even use the probe. I tape the hygrometer on the side of y bator and it reads the temps just fine. Mine is made of plastic though. I never did it with the styrofoam one

I have had many reptiles my self leopards, water dragons and numerous pythons, I have used the little round zoomed hygrometers. Humidity was never an issue here in TX with reptiles because it is so humid but I can see it is going to be w/ hatching chicks.

Back
Top Bottom