Can't take care of all these chicks!help!

musicalchickenraiser

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
I can't take care of all the fertile eggs that I have. Should I wait till they hatch and give them away or let them die? Any Advice?
sad.png

Yeah, don't let them die. Check with your local 4-h or post a listing on Craigslist once they hatch. There are some cases when we need to do things that seem cruel, but this is not one of them.

Oh how terrible! Of course you should give them away. You should have never got so many eggs if that was even an option to you. It is just plain cruel to let something "just die"...

That ruined my day, to just be honest with you.
hit.gif

Last edited:
I have more eggs than I will be able to have room for as adults. I will sell them on CL or give them away if needed on Freecycle. People will scoop them up! Kinda irresponsible to let them die, and you do have alternatives.

If you just have fertile eggs and no hen is sitting on them and they are not in a bator....just eat them....they won't hatch on their own. Fertile or not eggs are just eggs....eggs are yummy

if they are incubating (hen or otherwise)...people WILL want them. Feed them take care of them and ADVERTISE them...put an add in the paper or on Craigslist. Or look for a local livestock auction. In fact, you can sell them for a buck or so as day olds and maybe actually make money. If you let them die then you will won' t have anything but dead fuzzybutts...

Back
Top Bottom