Cape Barren geese

you'll be better off that way. Trust me. and I think it will make you want them even more in time once you see you can do the others. Nothing will discourage you more from the hobby though than to spend thousands of dollars buying up birds to loose them or not have the right system set up for them to breed for you.
I see it all the time, people buy em up like crazy, then in 2-3 years they sell them all off after getting frustrated.
Remember too, even though a bird can reproduce their first year, does not mean they are going to.
often times they are 2 or even 3 before you'll get an egg. Then a lot of your divers, like the hooded you mentioned, they are 2 before they even color out.

They need heavy cover too to feel comfortable. A plain wide open pen aint gonna cut it. Make it as natural looking as possible. Even cut tree tops and limbs and pile them up for them. Get all that done early though, don't wait til this time of year when they are starting to court and get ready. They need to be calm and relaxed, and feel safe. Cut going into the pen to a minimum , move slowly while in there, don't crowd them. Allow the birds to move away from you on their own.

All this will increase you potential for getting them to lay for you.

Also, I guess you read the link I posted. Being 14, if you plan to sell any, remember your parents will have to file the Federal paper work and permits for you. You have to be 18 to get it.

Back
Top Bottom