Capturing wild ducklings

Aaaaannnnnd they are safely out of the construction yard! Around when everyone took their lunch a few people herded mama and the babies into a cannal. My dad said it goes to a larger body of water.

I bet the cannal walls will add A bit of protection from the wind as well.

Thanks for help everyone!

Aaaaannnnnd they are safely out of the construction yard! Around when everyone took their lunch a few people herded mama and the babies into a cannal. My dad said it goes to a larger body of water.

Thanks for letting us know melissamerry, how many ducklings were there total, and in the meantime we have now realized that not only are peas good for out ducks but we should be eating more of them too.
smile.png

matter of fact my whole flock of chickens ducks and geese got peas today.

Last edited:

Thank you for posting the outcome in spite of all the nonsense that's gone on in your thread in the meantime! I was interested to hear what became of them. Good for your dad and the guys and everyone else for caring about a duck and her ducklings and being willing to put in a little effort for them!

Thanks for letting us know melissamerry, how many ducklings were there total, and in the meantime we have now realized that not only are peas good for out ducks but we should be eating more of them too. :)  

matter of fact my whole flock of chickens ducks and geese got peas today. 

There were only two ducklings in the yard. I'm not sure If there were more before they wandered in or not.

Strange enough, my ducks don't like peas. They like dried cat food and tomatoes. I was told that ducks couldn't digest bread correctly or something along the lines of that...I don't really remember.

There were only two ducklings in the yard. I'm not sure If there were more before they wandered in or not.

Strange enough, my ducks don't like peas. They like dried cat food and tomatoes. I was told that ducks couldn't digest bread correctly or something along the lines of that...I don't really remember.

Take a look on page 121 in Scott and Dean, Nutrition and management of ducks, forctje potential of using bread in the diet of ducks...

Yay! I'm glad they got to safety. We have mama ducks that raise their babies in canals and channels here, too. As long as they can crawl in and out of it, they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom