careful what you wish for - broody - she's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Yup. It was part of a conversation about getting polish. She said she was going to order polish and then pick up a few silkies at the store. Her DH would never notice. HA!

Quote:
OOh..yup..shes crossed over to the dark side now... tee hee hee
tongue.png

Quote:
And I have an incubator and I'm ordering chicks and because I gave away the crate that was to be my broody housing.
barnie.gif

Still not gonna order silkies though
tongue.gif
Although I might pick up a few at Atwoods the day before my hatchery chicks arrive.
hide.gif

Quote:
And I have an incubator and I'm ordering chicks and because I gave away the crate that was to be my broody housing.
barnie.gif

Still not gonna order silkies though
tongue.gif
Although I might pick up a few at Atwoods the day before my hatchery chicks arrive.
hide.gif

Get some! I swear you'll love them... I've been wanting to get some more myself.
smile.png

Quote:
But she's so darn funny. Lil' Bit is normally a sweetheart, but she's turned into the hen from you know where. You don't even have to walk near the nestbox to get growled out; just sticking your head in the coop door will get you growled at. With her being half-blind she's not taking any chances. She's growling first and asking questions later.

Have you tried growling back???
gig.gif

Quote:
But she's so darn funny. Lil' Bit is normally a sweetheart, but she's turned into the hen from you know where. You don't even have to walk near the nestbox to get growled out; just sticking your head in the coop door will get you growled at. With her being half-blind she's not taking any chances. She's growling first and asking questions later.

Have you tried growling back???
gig.gif

No, but maybe I should try that. I just walk over and talk soothingly to her and get bit for my trouble.
hmm.png

Congratulations. Sounds like you really have one! Finally. But you knew Brahmas were slow developers.
wee.gif
D.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
:
wee.gif

I would not treat her any different from any other broody hen. It is all instincts and from what you said she does not have much going on to confuse her instincts. She will probably be a great mama. Any eggs you collect to set now will not include hers, so genetics is not a concern. I'd give her a full clutch if she takes the move to the crate OK.

fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif