Cary, NC - Chicken Update

manfre

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Cary, NC
Now that Wake Forest has approved chickens, it seems that Cary is one of the last towns in Wake county that is against chickens. I was contacted by a staff writer from The News & Observer who is looking to do a story about Cary and chickens. It would help a lot if he could speak to more than just me in the area (Cary, Raleigh, Wake Forest, etc) before he writes the story.

Josh Shaffer
The News&Observer, Staff Writer
[email protected]
office: 919-829-4818

Thanks,
Michael Manfre​

* That's awesome, Michael-- Glad the fight isn't over. Too bad for Cary's city council that they didn't see the light the first time. Starting to look like the only non-progressives in the county now, eh?

I just emailed him!
smile.png

ETA: Just read throught the website..well done!

Last edited:
Cary isn't the only one in Wake county.

Garner doesn't allow chickens either. I'm just outside city limits in the county so I'm wondering if I need to work on making the change now before I get annexed.

MsMarbles&Me :

Garner doesn't allow chickens either. I'm just outside city limits in the county so I'm wondering if I need to work on making the change now before I get annexed.

If you are allowed chickens now, you could push for them to be grandfathered in when you are annexed. Just make sure your right to have chickens is grandfathered and not your current chickens.​

MsMarbles&Me :

Garner doesn't allow chickens? You've gotta be kidding me. Who do they think they are... Cary?
gig.gif

Seriously, best wishes on the whole Cary/chicken thing, but knowing how Cary operates I'll bet that is going to be a major uphill battle for y'all.
roll.png
Thank God I'm in Johnston county and away from ALL city limits!​

Back
Top Bottom