**Casey Anthony Verdict In ..**

Quote:
yes, thats what I think too, something bad is going to happen to Casey Anthony

No, I mean give people a couple days to move on to some other news story.

About 30% of adult murders go unsolved - with children, it's about 21%.

THere are about 10,000 unsolved child murders from 1980-2008 (28 yrs).

Statistically, that is just short of one child murder a day, that goes unsolved.

In other words, the Casey Anthony case was only one of what has just about been a daily occurance for the last 28 years.

Why the Casey Anthony case was given so much media coverage, that's a whole nother story.

Last edited:
Someone explain something to me. "Casey Anthony Juror: 'Sick to Our Stomachs' Over Not Guilty Verdict" If this is true, why wasn't there a hung jury instead of an acquittal? Something just isn't right here. If I thought she was guilty I would have hung that jury so there could be another trial... did they not understand that because of their verdict Casey can never be tried for Caylee's murder again?
rant.gif

Having sat on a very unpopular murder trial jury - I will NEVER question a jury decision. I may not like it. But any jury does the best they can with what they have. They say they have a hung jury, they will be sent back to go over it more until they get to the agreement. That's what happens every time unless it's a true deadlock. 10-2 is not going to be a deadlock.

To shamelessly use Nancy Grace's idea of the devil is dancing.

This case - it didn't matter, given the circumstances, the devil was likely going to dance anyway.

The prosecution could have tried with lesser charges, clear the floor and let the devil dance a round or two, but that's it. They may have gotten a conviction on something more than lying to police. Charge her with child neglect, surely that's easy enough to prove given as she didn't report her daughter missing.

But they didn't want to let the devil dance at all. So they went full out for as harsh of punishment as they could dish out.

Well, the devil laughed at them as he is prone to doing, and he's dancing his black heart out now with everyone involved in this case.

Let's put the blame on the prosecution for trying to go full out and not looking at this realistically and instead looking at this emotionally over the death of a cute little white baby.

Robin'sBrood :

Someone explain something to me. "Casey Anthony Juror: 'Sick to Our Stomachs' Over Not Guilty Verdict" If this is true, why wasn't there a hung jury instead of an acquittal? Something just isn't right here. If I thought she was guilty I would have hung that jury so there could be another trial... did they not understand that because of their verdict Casey can never be tried for Caylee's murder again?
rant.gif

When you're on a jury, your job is not to think. Your job is to look at the evidence presented. Period. No emotions are to be brought into play. Fortunately the jury put their emotions aside, which 90% of the country isnt able to do it seems, and did the job they were asked to do.​

Quote:
When you're on a jury, your job is not to think. Your job is to look at the evidence presented. Period. No emotions are to be brought into play. Fortunately the jury put their emotions aside, which 90% of the country isnt able to do it seems, and did the job they were asked to do.

That juror presented herself, and the rationale behind the decision, very well. She sums it up in "Not guilty doesn't mean innocent." And it was obvious from what she says (and how she says it) that she and at least some of the other jurors FELT that Casey probably HAD done it, but that there simply wasn't enough cold hard proof. I do admire that they were able to be so objective. And I agree that most people (including myself) would have been far more subjective. I wish the pros. hadn't gone for the death penalty...

Robin'sBrood :

rant.gif

There was no hung jury because they all agreed. The case was extremely obvious and there was no other way to go.​

I knew I had heard that at one point there was a 6 to 6 vote for the manslaughter charge. This is where the jury could have stayed hung, IMO. Really good article here , and here is an excerpt...

We didn’t know how she died, we didn’t know when she died,” said Juror No. 2, who was one of the 10. “Technically, we didn’t even know where she died.

“You couldn’t say who did it. To me, that’s why it was aggravated manslaughter of a child.”

The next vote was on just that charge, aggravated manslaughter of a child. The vote was 6-6 for manslaughter. The two sides hardened. They started talking over one another. The jury foreman calmed them all down.

“The six that voted guilty said it didn’t matter at what point in time she came home and found out her daughter was missing,” he said. “She had to report it in some way, shape or form, and that’s where the negligence came in.”

But some jurors, he said, had decided not to convict Casey Anthony of any charge in the girl’s death. By lunch Tuesday, the guilty side started to lose votes.

Juror No. 2 was the last holdout. Deliberations lasted for 11 hours over two days. They filed into court at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday to hand over their verdict.

The rest as they say, is history.

I'm sorry, but I'll never agree that they had to vote not guilty instead of letting it be a mistrial... never, ever.​

Back
Top Bottom