Cat changing personalities

PoultryGirly

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Hi.a couple of months ago, a stray cat came to our house and has stayed. We let her in the house sometimes and she is generally a nice cat, but the problem we have with her is that someone will be petting her and she's purring like crazy and rubbing against you and is the sweetest thing, but the next second she'll scratch the heck out of you drawing blood. Today, and she's done this before, I was walking past her setting her room up inside for the chilly might, and she, all of a sudden, scratched my leg drawing blood and I didn't do ANYTHING to her. After that a put her back outside. Does anyone have any ideas why she's "changing personalities"? Oh, and I found out that she's more likely to scratch you if you pat her instead of rub her. One more thing: we think she got run over by a car because she walks weird like her legs are stiff sometimes. Thanks for any info.

Well, since she has a strange gait I would hazard a guess she was somehow injured (Hit by Car?) and petting her causes her pain. Or she could be a true queen and is simply stating her opinion of having your grimy hands on her pristine fur.
lol.png

I've had something similar happen
When we first moved into our home a stray cat started coming around. Tom was very friendly and affectionate. We all loved him and so he stayed. Well after about a year, he went missing for what seemed like a week or longer. Then one morning he showed up on the door step in horrible shape. I mean horrible. He was either brutally attacked by a dog or hit by a car. His whole side of his face was damaged and jaw was broken. He was very skinny and couldn't eat well and smelled bad. Well, he slowly healed, but somehow he never got back to his old self. He would act like he wanted us to pet him and then attack our hands. Sometimes he would get a weird look in his eye and come after us. We had young kids and we afraid he would hurt them. I'm sure he had neurologicial damage from whatever happend to him.
Sounds like your cat could have had a tramatic injury or something. I do know some cats have mean streaks in them. My dad has a cat that will grab him and bite him if he pets it too long. It is just his way of saying "I've had enough".

Back
Top Bottom