Cat Driving Me Insane

undefined;) driving us crazy is a kittens job! I had 7 at one time, kept all of them. In the house. Small house. Thats what happened to me, [twitch]:| if you get her spayed she might calm down a lttle. . . For a while. Quetsweyo

Quote:
I know how that is, We have 9! Six are indoor/outdoor, and they all come in at night. Our one cat is 8yrs old and she'll just start bolting around the house, jumping off the balcony onto the rafters. You hear a scuttle, and then it will just stop. She also tends to attack if you walk by her. Our other 5 are a year old and just bolt through the house at times. They will climb up the recliner to lay in your hair, and they like to use your leg as their grabbing on point if they want to get up. The three that are outside tend to run around, and then bolt up trees. They will also bite you if you stop petting them. I am constantly stepping on one of them, and then trip trying to apologize to them (I run and catch them to say I'm sorry)

ohhhh I want to see some kitten pictures
big_smile.png

This is why I only have kittens in PAIRS. They entrain themselves with each other. But yes I remember the days when mine were young teens and 2 kittens that didn't way 10lbs between them would make more noise when I was trying to sleep than the 50lb teenage puppy EVER made!! They don't get "lazy" until they're around 2+ years old, but they still have their youthful moments now and then.

Recent photo exhibiting kitty laziness. (They're about 4 years old now.)

246906_744010370641_55007926_36513952_6082430_n.jpg

They do work best when you have more than 1. Kitties her age are HIGH energy. I've got a 6month old boy (my first boy kitty of this age) He is into EVERYTHING. He's been lucky not to have been eaten by the dogs at this point. Thankfully, I have 3 more who are older (2year olds) that are willing to run and play with him. Between the 3 of them they are able to keep him pretty much tired out. He has access to the bedroom through a kitty "pop hole" in the door. I find him knocked out with one of the other 3 in the bed.

I ended up with 3-2yr olds because when I adopted one of them at a year old, my 2-17 and 14 year old kitties wouldn't play with her. She cried in her sleep. I'm a softie. I contacted the rescue and ended up with her brother and sister both with the same birth defect of the eye. they are all indoor kitties.

I figured she'd be like the Shih tzu and sleep the entire night after her 4th week. No such luck. Luckily the Shih tzu plays with her nonstop. She's only 12 weeks old, should I go ahead and get her spayed?

We had ours spayed and neutered at 14 weeks, when the littlest one was 2lbs. If you have a local rescue around, they normally do alterations for a very cheap price. The rescue we went to did them for $30, and that included their first rabies shot.

Quote:
I have to second the two kittens advice. We got our two babies last Dec and they were about 4 months old at the time. They still tear through the house and sound like elephants. Fortunately, they keep each other company. The male loves our dog and pesters him non-stop to lick/play with him. The dog is a very good sport and obliges most of the time.

As for getting her spayed, I think they can do it at 12 weeks. Ours were already fixed when we adopted them from the shelter and it had been a few weeks because their fur had already grown back.

Oh, laser toys are a Godsend!

Back
Top Bottom