Cat Food Recall

LV426

Chillin
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
P&G announced a voluntary recall of select varieties of Iams ProActive Health Cat and Kitten Food in 3-oz. and 5.5-oz. cans. The cat food is being voluntarily recalled in North America only. This recall is due to incorrect levels of thiamine--an essential part of the cat diet. Dates on the bottom of the recalled cans range from 09/2011 to 06/2012.

Consumers who have purchased affected product should immediately discontinue feeding the product to their cats and switch to another product with a balanced nutritional profile. Cat owners using this product should monitor their cat for signs of thiamine deficiency, including a reduction in appetite or refusal of food, weight loss, vomiting or diarrhea, and salivation. Advanced signs of thiamine deficiency may include seizures, falling, circling, or downward curving of the neck. If your cat is pregnant or experiencing health issues, please make an appointment for an exam.

For further information or a product refund, call P&G toll-free at 877-340-8826 (Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST).

Remember, this affects only Iams ProActive Health Cat and Kitten Food in 3 oz. and 5.5 oz. cans marked with the dates identified above. For more detailed product information, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website.

Thank you SO much, I never feed canned cat food, but the kitten we adopted is so tiny, I thought it would help him get a boost, so I bought a bunch of the IAMS canned kitten food chicken pate this past weekend, he has already eaten a can and half of another can. I called them, and they are mailing me a coupon for a bag of dry kitten food. UGH just think I am trying to help a kitten and could be hurting it instead geesh!

Back
Top Bottom