Cat has loose tooth. Suggestions?

keedokes

Songster
Feb 25, 2009
Wisconsin
I noticed today when I was giving the younger of our two cats (Lollipop) his daily rubdown/health check (he's an indoor/outdoor cat and I worry about ticks, etc) that the front lower part of his gums are a little red. When I pushed gently on the tooth in the middle of the red part, it gave way a little. I unfortunately do not have the money to take him to the vet right now as both my husband and myself are unemployed, so I'm wondering what I should be watching for/worried about--is there anything I can do?

cassie

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 19, 2009
It will fall out and it will be fine. How old is the cat? Any chance he is just losing a baby tooth?

Ugly Cowboy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Corn, OK
Pull it. I know when I got a tooth half knocked out one time it hurt so bad I couldn't wait to pull it just to get it to quit. It worked LOL. Aint nothin worse than a tooth ache... or a back ache.
wink.png

Last edited:

keedokes

Songster
Feb 25, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm not sure how old he is...maybe 18 months? Two years? *laugh* I don't even know at what age he was supposed to have lost his teeth. He was abandoned and I know he's a young adult.

If it was just a loose baby tooth would the gums be red? See, I don't know that, either.
smile.png

Nicola

Chook Cuddlin' Aussie
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
ACT
is his breath gets funky smelling or smells worse u might have to take it to the vet cause my cat got a infected tooth and developed a absess on his jaw which and eat the bone he had the tooth removed and if fine now lucky it didnt spread

PitterPaws

Songster
12 Years
Nov 29, 2007
Wisconsin
They loose their baby teeth before they are a year old.
I would say bush his teeth if he will let you with a pet tooth paste and brush,
if it is a small tooth not one of his canines (long ones he has 4 at each corner, 2 at top, 2 at bottom)
and it is very loose maybe you can pull it, if it is not very loose I would leave it. but keep an eye on his mouth if there is no improvement or it gets worse, you will have to get him to a vet.

Top Bottom