Cat has loose tooth. Suggestions?

growanstede

Crowing
15 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Wisconsin
I noticed today when I was giving the younger of our two cats (Lollipop) his daily rubdown/health check (he's an indoor/outdoor cat and I worry about ticks, etc) that the front lower part of his gums are a little red. When I pushed gently on the tooth in the middle of the red part, it gave way a little. I unfortunately do not have the money to take him to the vet right now as both my husband and myself are unemployed, so I'm wondering what I should be watching for/worried about--is there anything I can do?

It will fall out and it will be fine. How old is the cat? Any chance he is just losing a baby tooth?

Pull it. I know when I got a tooth half knocked out one time it hurt so bad I couldn't wait to pull it just to get it to quit. It worked LOL. Aint nothin worse than a tooth ache... or a back ache.
wink.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure how old he is...maybe 18 months? Two years? *laugh* I don't even know at what age he was supposed to have lost his teeth. He was abandoned and I know he's a young adult.

If it was just a loose baby tooth would the gums be red? See, I don't know that, either.
smile.png

is his breath gets funky smelling or smells worse u might have to take it to the vet cause my cat got a infected tooth and developed a absess on his jaw which and eat the bone he had the tooth removed and if fine now lucky it didnt spread

They loose their baby teeth before they are a year old.
I would say bush his teeth if he will let you with a pet tooth paste and brush,
if it is a small tooth not one of his canines (long ones he has 4 at each corner, 2 at top, 2 at bottom)
and it is very loose maybe you can pull it, if it is not very loose I would leave it. but keep an eye on his mouth if there is no improvement or it gets worse, you will have to get him to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom