cat havings kitten - need help asap! *UPDATE PLEASE HELP AGAIN!*

Quote:
this sounds exactly like my situation. i found this girl too in walmarts parking lot. every since i moved south i have found so many animals and its hard to keep up with vet and feed bills for everyone. we planned to get her fixed too but she never goes anywhere and i didnt think she would get prego. we tried to keep her locked in the garage but she snuck out and oops! her first heat too, so shes very young.

tonight i locked her and the kittens in a dog kennel with food and water. i will close up the garage and let her out a couple times a day to use a litter pan and whatnot.
i guess i will go with what your vet told you and make an appt once the kittens are closer to 7-8 weeks and get her fixed for sure. shes not mother material really, as much as i thought instincts would take over i dont think she really cared much about the kittens, she would stay out of the box for an hour or as long as i was outside doing things. so now that shes locked up we'll see how it goes.
as for the kitten that had the umbilical cord still, it is gone and dried up nicely! i checked and theres 2 boys and 3 girls im pretty sure! i will get some pics tomorrow, dont want to bother mama again tonight.
smile.png

glad to hear the umbilical cord has resolved
smile.png

feral momma kitties leave their kittens (they need to hunt etc) for short periods of time, so as long as she's cleaning them and nursing them and warming them up, it's normal and she's doing her job
smile.png
congrats on the 5 healthy ones, now just make sure there won't be any more haha and you should be golden.

Quote:
Lots of animal shelters have spay/ neuter clinics for a fraction of the cost a vet will charge. That's what we're gonna do with BK, our barn kitty, after she has hers.

Back
Top Bottom