cataract surgery

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
I had cataract surgery last Tuesday on my right eye. The left eye is scheduled to be done next week. I chose to have the Restor brand multifocal lens put in. The hope is to not need glasses for distance or reading. I was hoping that somebody that a similar surgery could tell me about their recovery. My eye doesn't hurt and is still slightly dialated. It won't completely focus. The eye doctor seems unconcerned. How long has it taken others to get their focus back? Any insight or advice is appreciated.

I can focus a bit better today. Now my right eye sees a bit better than my left. They can't focus together. It will probably take weeks.

It's been 8 days since the surgery. My eye is healing well. It wasn't painful and the recovery has been uneventful so far. My eye felt a little scratchy for a day and was dialated for a week. The blurryness is quite a bit better. It will take a few weeks for my brain to learn how to adapt to the new lens. I had my follow up appointmenbt today. They said everything looked good. I still see the halos around lights in the dark, but the doctor said that goes away for most people in a few weeks. The other eye gets done next Tuesday. I am now able to read with my right eye. Keep in mind that I had the upgraded lens put in. The regular lenses may still require glasses for reading, distance or both.

Back
Top Bottom