catching abandoned domestic ducks in STL

nmeyer3

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2016
Does anybody live in the st. Louis area that will be willing to help me catch these two abandoned domesticated ducks at Tower Grove park? I have called over 20 rescues and humane society and park security, no one would help. I have spent over 12 hours trying to catch them with cat food and all flock food and a net, they are terrified of humans and need to be cornered with the help of at least two other people. I know at least one of them is injured and both are not full grown yet. I will transport, take care of and give them a good home myself, I just need help catching them.
Or if anyone can give me any advice, that would help tremendously

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
There is a Where Am I Where Are You forum also - organized by location.

If you can get about 50 feet of plastic poultry fence, a couple of one inch four foot long dowels and some zip ties, you can make a handy temporary fence. Set it up in a C shape, and get behind the ducks - walk them into the fence. Have pet carriers handy.

Two or three other people can make this work well, I think - this is based on what I have read from Majestic Waterfowl.

If there is a waterbody involved, then someone needs to have waders or a kayak, depending on the depth. But the principle is - get behind them, walk them into the temp fencing. Having treats inside the temp fencing may help, also.

Top Bottom