Cats & Christmas Tree's... How does THAT work???

What will my experience with cats & Christmas tree's be?

• Probably nothing to worry about.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • A month long battle.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 50/50 chance either way.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Dont put up that breakable baubble made back in the 2nd grade.

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Something out of a bad Christmas movie.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Total doom & distruction.

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Well I've gone a full week into 'Christmas #2 With Cats' & the tree still stands. :fl:fl

I've found some really cute, fancy, glass egg ornaments that I'm tempted to get. Am I'm being too optimistic? Probably.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M8UA1I6/?tag=backy-20

Pretty ornaments Roomy!

I'm waiting another week to try the Christmas tree here. But I did get some tissue (the gift wrapping kind) out and the 3 cats are having a blast with that.

How about an ugly pug sweater with sequence & 3D Santa hat? (Pugly!) :p
3B4AD24E-3B8F-43E1-8010-D236AE049DCE.jpeg

Pretty ornaments Roomy!

I'm waiting another week to try the Christmas tree here. But I did get some tissue (the gift wrapping kind) out and the 3 cats are having a blast with that.
Mine have already been shredding the Christmas wrap still on the roll. I am still decorating the tree. Plastic balls go on the bottom. I have been crimping the hooks around the branches, trying to keep the balls in place.

Mine have already been shredding the Christmas wrap still on the roll. I am still decorating the tree. Plastic balls go on the bottom. I have been crimping the hooks around the branches, trying to keep the balls in place.
I just saw some ornament hangers that I could make using wire wrap.... My shop is all in array so cant make anything but Have a list .... LOL

deb

Total and utter destruction, we had one cat, she passed a few years back now, she would destroy the Christmas tree and any presents under it.

Her first Christmas with us, she was about 8 months old, she wasn’t too bad, everything came out unscathed. But her second Christmas, oh my Lordy, one night she got into the tree and had an absolute ball. We got up the next morning to find tinsel and baubles all though the house and the tree was toppled over and practically bare. :gig
we replaced it all, and she would just rip it off again, quite often she would get under the tree and scale to the top of it.

The presents under the tree, were all ripped open and the paper destroyed. All had to be re-wrapped, and NOT placed back under the tree. To wrap any presents, you had to lock her out of the room whilst you did it, or she would destroy that paper too :gig

Tips for decorating a tree when you have cats

DONT be lazy like my lot were and just decorate the front of the tree, wrap the tinsel ALL the way round, all the cat can do then is pull the tree over.

When adding the Baubles, wrap the ties/ribbon around the limb a few times, hard to pull, bat, swat/rip off then.

Presents under the tree - just don’t bother. :gigUnder The tree is now just for the dog and cat to sleep apparently

BUT at the end of the day it was a laugh to see how much destruction one small cat could do

Back
Top Bottom