Caught 92 frogs last nite! Recipes?

Well they are beautiful!
I have ordered Frog legs in a lot of nice resturants, but the best I ever ate came hopping up my driveway in burlap sacks LOL

That brings back wonderfull memories for me. One year we had an over abundance of bullfrogs. Their loud deep croaking kept us awake at night, so my grandmother decided that something needed to be done. She said she'd cook 'em if we caught, killed and stripped them. So we did. It was a bit freaky watching the legs jump in the frying pan though. But boy, were they delicious. And yes, they do taste a bit like chicken, but way better.
By the way, I shot them with my 22. I got really good at it, so as not to blow them to smithereenes, and also to shoot them, so that they would still be close enough to shore for me to pick them up.
wink.png

wow, what a memory!!

I haven't had frog since I was a kid. We used to go "baseball bat hunting" out in the ponds
big_smile.png
whack em and bag em.

I wish I had a pond full of the big ones here.

meri

You dispatch them by holding them by the back legs and whacking their heads over the skinnin' table. Then you can proceed to skin and gut them.

Quote:
My French host mom woudl tell me that they're considered an aphrodisiac. I always told her it's b/c they kind of look like a woman from the waist down from behind (the French eat just the legs, not the whole body).

Yummy!!!! I haven't had frogs since I divorced my first husband......the ONLY thing I could miss about that man. To me they taste like the freak offspring of a chicken and a fish.
smile.png
Soooooooooo good!!!

Back
Top Bottom