Caylee Anthony and her jailed mother...DISCUSSION

I have been following it...I guess mostly because it's here in Florida and probably stays in our local news more than most...I am saddened for this little girl, whom I feel the worst has befallen...and completely angry with this mother...who is at best a chromosome donor!

Here's my stance....there HAD to be a history of less-than-motherly irresponsibility concerning this child going on....I mean, she didn't go from "Joan Clever" to table-top-dancer in one step.....

I can tell you I know where my kids are at any given moment (they're 8 and 10)...if ever they were two steps away from me in Wal-Mart, it was a near Code Adam alert!!! You bet your boots that if something happened to my kids whereabouts, the whole world would know!!! There would be no waiting for 24-hours to report a missing person....

The way I see it, God gave me two beautiful souls to love, cherish, and care for....NO WAY do I take this job lightly..

...something is amiss with this mother.....

the sad irony for me....my daughter is named Kailee too.....God bless the baby Caylee, whereever she may be!

SewingDiva, I love your reference to the 14th amendment; had to check to see which one it was, I am sorry to say, but what could be better to live by, in so many ways . . .

Glad to know you. What do you sew?

IMHO, Mom (Cindy) is a classic enabler and it doesn't surprise me that she's reacting as she is...it saddens me, but doesn't surprise me. She has likely been making excuses for Casey all of her life. Casey is clearly guilty of some sort of wrongdoing and the family is more concerned with what might happen to Casey (and to themselves) than what has happened to Caylee. My speculation is that Cindy (and family) have resigned themselves to the fact that Caylee is 'gone' and have determined in their hearts that they aren't going to 'lose' Casey, too.

I have a 4 yr old daughter and cannot imagine not knowing where she is at any given time. I would be a basket-case on the phone to the police if a babysitter wasn't there within 15-30 minutes of the expected time for pick up and wouldn't answer the phone. Let the babysitter deal with explaining why she wasn't there and wouldn't respond. And if the sitter was in danger or there was another problem, then help would be on the way. The police would be looking for them both.

I'm sad for little Caylee and her not having the opportunity to grow up, while her mother lives on.

Quote:
Gerbils, hamsters....I know these moms sometimes eat their young. Shoot, even chickens will eat their own eggs!

I feel awful for Casey's parents and brother. I wish the media would stop making this a huge story until there is actual news to report, and I wish people would leave the family alone. Having said that, they hired a real showboat attorney for themselves and I wonder why. Mark NeJame don't come cheap (although you can't tell that by looking at his suits).

Give me one hour with her................... we will all know what happened to that precious little girl. This case hits me really hard because I, myself, have a 2 1/2 yr old. She should cooperate more. Nuf said bout that................................

I think the Mother killed her to be with her new boyfriend!! He wanted nothing to do with the sweet little girl. I have watched Nancy Grace and followed the news some. She is dead for sure.

Thanks, everyone! So far people have been really good with discussing their opinions nicely.

I, too, am really sick of the non-news that is being reported. When I check on the story I expect to see something relevent to the case, instead of "Dad attacks protesters" or something like that. I don't wanna hear about that, I wanna hear that Caylee has been found! Or that they've confirmed the DNA or whatever and are prosecuting Casey, or that they've gotten a lead w/ evidence and are going after someone entirely different. Every missing child deserves to be the center of a widespread search, but sadly the only ones that are involve crazy parents. The hurricanes are unavoidable, nothing can be done to prevent those from coming or doing damage. This is something that was 100% preventable, and that's what makes it so upsetting to me. I know that mother has something to do with it, and you never know, maybe she tried giving her child a better home in a twisted, illegal way. Maybe she did sell Caylee with the intent of a better life. I don't think that's how it is, but I can't read minds, so maybe. Personally, though, I think that if she did do something 'noble' along those lines she would have admitted it. Especially with the charges she's facing. There's no reason to lie that way unless something really is wrong. It blows my mind that a mother could go that long without reporting her kid, unless she knows what happened to her and really isn't worried. I have to get up in the middle of the night just to check on ours, I couldn't imagine going 30 days without knowing where he is!

Back
Top Bottom