Sean_ewing14

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2018
Scotland
Hi There,

Looking for advice please. I had 6 cayuga duck eggs incubating and upon the process only 2 proceeded to develop.

I had silkie chickens years ago but this is first time for ducks.

The eggs were due to hatch 1-2 days ago but still nothing. Upon candling I can see movement as if the duckling is trying to break into the air sack. Been like this since around Wednesday night. It's now Friday and it still looks like they are trying to internally pip but maybe can't get through the membrane?

What should I do? Should I try and help by making a small hole in the shell and a small hole in the membrane at the air sac and?

I'm just worried the ducklings will suffocate if they can't break into the air sac since it's been like this for nearly 2 days?

Thankyou so much in advance for the advice.

so quick update. Came home from work tonight and had a quick check again. Can still see movement but I can now here like a faint clicking noise and one of the eggs look a little weaker on the shell so i think all is good. Had issues with the incubator at first and I think this may have delayed development. Will keep updating though :)

Back
Top Bottom