cayuga duck thread

Pics
I think my older Cayuga is a drake. I really thought it was a hen all this time but I see a curl and it defiantly has green face/neck. excuse the white all over him, they eat Fermented feed. Am I right that Emerald is a drake?
The green sheen doesn't necessarily mean it's a boy , my girl is covered in freen sheen , if more curl feathers show up it's a boy but right now unless the quake sounds raspy and dry it could be a girl .

Sadly we had to put our little Ellie down... The vet I called said it was failure to thrive.... :'(

She just stopped growing and couldn't hold herself up to eat... She'd flop around like a fish on dry land... We hand fed her for a week but had to help her drink as well.. That's when we decided it was best to end her suffering. It broke my heart...

On a brighter note our other two Cayuga cuties and our mallard drake are doing fantastic!

how do i tell my male and female cayuga ducklings apart they are three weeks old

My Cayuga ducklings are growing fast. And boy are they fast little buggers! I love watching them follow their adoptive mom around, lol. Does anyone here sell Cayuga eggs? Mine are from a hatchery that I suspect has inbred their stock. I'd like to get eggs from other places to help open up their gene pool, but I also don't want too many eggs, I was thinking 8 hatching eggs. I know some will not survive shipping, and then I will have both boys and girls hatch. I am hoping to get an additional 3 ladies from such a hatch. I currently have 3 females and 1 male Cayuga, they will be 3 weeks old this Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom