CBD/Hemp vs pain meds for dogs

DrakeMom

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
El Campo, Texas
I have a almost 12 yr. old Boxer. He has really bad arthritis in his spine area(the vets say if he could rate his pain level, he would pry say a 10). He's prescribed carprofen, gabapentin, and Dasuquin advanced joint supplements. They seem to help okay... but suddenly I got to thinking about CBD/hemp... whats all yalls opinion and experice with it???

I like CBD/hemp WAY more then medication. You can get all natural and Organic versions, so its much healthier for the dog then drugs, and I think it works way better. You can also buy hemp treats, the ones we used were plain pressed beef, unfused with hemp including 8 grams in one treat.
Amazon has a good selection, in our old labs last days we used this brand, and it worked great! Its expensive, but I prefer Organic products, knowing they are healthier, so I think its totally worth it.
I'm so sorry about your baby, its so hard when they are in pain. I hope you find a solution for her!

I like CBD/hemp WAY more then medication. You can get all natural and Organic versions, so its much healthier for the dog then drugs, and I think it works way better. You can also buy hemp treats, the ones we used were plain pressed beef, unfused with hemp including 8 grams in one treat.
Amazon has a good selection, in our old labs last days we used this brand, and it worked great! Its expensive, but I prefer Organic products, knowing they are healthier, so I think its totally worth it.
I'm so sorry about your baby, its so hard when they are in pain. I hope you find a solution for her!
Thank you so much for your help! We've talked alot of putting him down but haven't; seems like the family isn't ready for that. If we can get him on something that would actually help and we can feel good about what we're giving him...🥳

Ps. we've had him since I was 5.

Thank you so much for your help! We've talked alot of putting him down but haven't; seems like the family isn't ready for that. If we can get him on something that would actually help and we can feel good about what we're giving him...🥳

Ps. we've had him since I was 5.
Ohh, I really hope it helps, it really did help our 13 year old lab, I really hope it helps you. I'm so sorry about your sweet boy, its so hard.

My old boy has arthritis in his shoulders, back, hips, and knees. He gets hemp treats and oil from Rocky Mountain Hemp Girls. Not all CBD products are equal so don't go with the cheap stuff. It likely won't do much.

You may also look into a vet that does acupuncture. I've found it to be effective.

I can attest to CBD doing wonders for pain management for dogs! We had a dog that it's back legs locked up and the dog could not move at all. The vet gave her some shots to try to help but it only worked for a couple days and not very well at that. She could only walk so far and I wouldn't even call it walking... Took her back to the vet and they said she will more than likely have to be put down. We decided to try CBD and not only did she start walking again but you couldn't even tell anything was ever wrong with her. By the end of that day she was walking around like normal and even able to jump up on laps. That was several years ago when CBD was just becoming a thing.

About a month ago a friend told me her big dog had arthritis so bad that he couldn't move and would cry in pain even when he was just laying down. Her vet also suggested she start considering euthanizing her dog. 😢 I suggested she try CBD and found her a pet approved brand. Once it came in she gave it to him and the very next day he was also up and moving around like there wasn't ever anything wrong with him.

I also use CBD for my raccoons anxiety that he gets from me constantly having some kind of baby animal in the house. He is protective over me and hates having to share my attention and affection.

It is an amazing plant to be able to have so many amazing benefits! I am a huge supporter of cannabis, it is truly a powerhouse of a plant.

Thats pretty cute actually. 🥰
Nice of you to save him!
Thanks! He rules this house. As much as I wanted to keep him, I knew it wasn't right. I tried to rehab him and set him free a couple times but he refused. So now he runs around here stealing food at night and sleeping all day. He eats better than we do!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom