CC and GL POLISH questions

Teeheehackett

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2023
Kansas
Hey all. I got these three chicks this past weekend, hatch date 8/30. Any guesses on gender for the gold lace? Also, the two white ones are said to come from candy corn hen and roo, meaning they’d be candycorn correct? But they are white with random dashes of color. I’ve attached pictures and labeled them 1 and two. If anyone has any ideas on that or knows what they may look like in the future (or has gender guesses) feel free to share the knowledge lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpeg
    IMG_4116.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4117.jpeg
    IMG_4117.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4118.jpeg
    IMG_4118.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4119.jpeg
    IMG_4119.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4121.jpeg
    IMG_4121.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4127.jpeg
    IMG_4127.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4125.jpeg
    IMG_4125.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4134.jpeg
    IMG_4134.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4135.jpeg
    IMG_4135.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4139.jpeg
    IMG_4139.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4138.jpeg
    IMG_4138.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 11
Crested birds are so darned adorable!

And it's maddening to wait even longer to know what gender you've got because they take longer to develop! 😆

I don't see any flashing signs of cockerel on any of your birds yet. No one has 'slicked back' hair or is showing any sort of wattle. No reddening.

Are the first ones mixes? Possibly having Naked Necks, silkie, and Polish..? 🤔

Maybe - when whoever you had gotten them from, they may have been calling a color - 'Candy Corn'- though it might not actually be referred to as that. 🫤

I have had some Mille Fleur and some calico cochin bantams. I have seen people who snagged an accidental cockerel attempt to 'host discussions' in forums, trying to rehome them, calling them 'Mille Fleurs' rather than cochin bantams or 'Mille Fleur' when they are calico. (Shrugs)

When I hear the term 'Candy Corn', I think of a white- gray pallet, ombré in shading, but I couldn't tell you the specifics because - well- I'm not a person who knows all the particulars to all the chicks, I've just learned enough along the way to convince myself I *might* know what I'm doing -some of the time! 🤣

But you're in the right spot to learn though!

I 100% agree with the consensus that your third does look to be a golden laced Polish chick.

Clearly, the people who have already replied know lots more about Polish chickens and they have a been around here long enough to probably get pretty accurate at making calls on pictures posted. 😏

I hope you post more pictures- in a few weeks- of your pretty babies.

So I posted in a Polish group and believe I found a possibility as the breeder showed me pictures of both candycorn parents, I am thinking that they may be recessive white with a bit are barring bleeding through. One more than the other. Bummer. I did just pick up an older set of CC polish, I’m assuming first generation as a project start. I’ll attach a picture. If anyone has thoughts on how to I prove the CC trait or what to mix to make it more CC I’d greatly appreciate it. The pullet is very good lace looking still, the cockerel very light. And there will be many baby white updates in the future 😉 Thank you all got your help so far!

IMG_4237.jpeg

Update: The roo is going to a different home. To put it simply- his coloring will in no way help a candycorn program. The pullet was to be with a gold lace to improve candycorn offspring. The same day I got the roo a predator got her during the day. Must have been a raccoon or something because it took her and hopped a 6 ft fence 🙃 Now I will be starting from scratch. Whoo hoooooo. And the GL baby was taken as well. It’s been great 😅

Back
Top Bottom